Bursting with beautiful images of pattern designs from all over the world, this book shows how clever use of pattern can change a room: it can create a bold and striking space filled with drama, a cosy, comforting corner, or a cheery, colourful place that lifts the spirits. Being creative with pattern doesn’t just mean choosing it for your walls: there’s a feast of styles displayed here for furniture, lampshades, floors, tableware, curtains and cushions.
Looking at eight popular themes and how they can be used in a huge variety of ways, Love Pattern and Colour shows you designs and styles that can transform your home. Chapters and motifs featured include:
- Abstracts – brush strokes, marbling, random swirls
- Botanicals – trees, leaves, grasses, seedheads
- Scenes and Stories – Chinoiserie, toile du jouy
- Florals – spectacular blooms, country garden
- Cultural Travellers - paisley, Ikat, Islamic arabesques
- Geometrics – stripes, spots, squares
- Animal Kingdom – animal motifs and prints
- Textures – visual and tactile
Charlotte Abrahams loves pattern and wants you to love it too. With her expert advice on how to choose and use pattern, and how to make it work in different spaces, you can find your personal style and decorate your home with flair.
Publisher : Frances Lincoln (October 12, 2021)
Language : English
Hardcover : 256 pages
Item Weight : 2.55 pounds
Dimensions : 8 x 1.05 x 9.25 inches